- Project page: http://rfaisal.github.io/SimpleAS3Logger/
- Github link: https://github.com/rfaisal/SimpleAS3Logger
- Documentation: http://rfaisal.github.io/SimpleAS3Logger/doc/
Few years back, I wrote a simple logging library in ActionScript3 using the Chain of Responsibility pattern. Recently, I dug up the old codes, made some modifications, and put it in github for other people to use and contribute. In this post, I will mainly focus on how to use the library and do some project specific modifications, but I will also briefly discuss my reasons for using the Chain Of Responsibility and the Singleton Pattern. I started writing this library with the following 4 goals in mind:
- It should be easily accessible to all of the classes of a project.
- It should be able to write logging information to different output sources, i.e., file, database, console, etc., and additional output sources can be added easily.
- It should be able to handle different levels of logging like FATAL_ERROR or INFO (as different actions may be needed for handling different levels), and additional levels can be added easily.
- It should require minimal setup.